Hysterical Women Running Amok

NOTE about “ROLLIE” trilogy: It will be completed tomorrow. Couldn’t resist this prompt.

Hysterical Women Running Amok

Hysteria was once thought
uniquely confined
to the female side
of all mankind

Said to be caused
by a “wandering uterus”
That’s why TPs think
our birth control’s ludicrous

Image: Free license, free use via FunnyPictureFunnyPhoto.com

This was for Imaginary Garden With Real Toads, courtesy of Isadora. She sent us to the Random Fact Generator, where the perfect prompt was given to me (I confess) on my third click… “TPs” are, of course, Tea Partiers!

I researched “amok” vs. “amuck,” (my original choice) and found that, in modern parlance, “amok” wins. Harrrumph. Peace, Amy

1. Susie Clevenger (@wingsobutterfly)
    Jul 02, 2014 @ 15:08:55

Love it!!

Jul 02, 2014 @ 15:11:00

any time i find a wandering uterus i try to help it find its way home…
    smiles…
    ah what would we do without the Tea Party protecting us?

Jul 02, 2014 @ 16:07:26

Does a uterus wander with a little bandana tied up on the end of a stick? Does it ride the lonesome rails? Sometimes I think it’s uter-us vs. uter-them! *groan*

4. lolamouse
    Jul 02, 2014 @ 20:04:00

Sometimes I wish my uterus would wander away from me! Your poem is a timely comment on the encroaching theocracy of the US!

5. kaykuala h
    Jul 02, 2014 @ 22:07:39

Wandering uterus is a woman’s privilege. It makes life more eventful and interesting! Guard it lest men might like to take it away! Nicely done Amelita!

6. Hannah Gosselin
    Jul 02, 2014 @ 22:12:21

Perfect image for this, Amy! :)

7. Polly
    Jul 02, 2014 @ 23:31:16

Just…brilliant!

Jul 03, 2014 @ 01:59:22

hey Amy – glad to see you writing ~

Jul 03, 2014 @ 04:07:46

uterus and ludicrous – love it! Must say, never aw amuck before, whereas the work Amok is tied to some Star Trek episode from the 1960s. Good stuff.

10. Sabra Bowers
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 06:56:04

Clever post. :) Love your first verse, in particular.

11. magalyguerrero
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 07:21:22

If Freud was to come back as a zombie, he would probably join the TP.

Hm, someone should write a “wandering uterus” story…

Brilliant response to the prompt!

12. Susan
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 10:29:43

Funny! Sad.

13. Kim
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 11:52:20

Indeed. We must balance our concerted fight for women’s rights we heartfelt laughter and joy. You help with this! :-)

14. รถรับจ้าง
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 17:24:01

Moving companies offers different kind of services. Sometimes it really can be
    as simple as turning the device on and off. If
    you can move during the middle of the month, you can often strike a better bargain.

15. Isadora Gruye
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 21:15:45

You go grrl…Amy this piece is rich with your trade mark cleverness. I especially liked the phrasing “the female side of all mankind”…you go irony so well! Thanks as always for posting to the out of standard and viva la

16. Jim
    Jul 04, 2014 @ 00:13:19

:) Hi Amy ~~ Glad a four letter work got you going here. I am glad I’m not a TPer because I wouldn’t fit the mold you made for them. Also (don’t get angry) I think the TPs themselves are running ‘amok’.

17. Jim
    Jul 04, 2014 @ 00:14:15

A good link for me.

Jul 04, 2014 @ 01:03:36

You tell ‘em, Amy.
    Hormones have always run amok in English English! I never saw amuck before.

19. Belinda Broughton
    Jul 04, 2014 @ 06:00:51

hysterically laughing. that would make it laughter from the womb.
    good writing

20. Kerry O'Connor
    Jul 05, 2014 @ 15:36:09

Goodness! Now where has my uterus wandered off to THIS time!

21. Trackback: Why the Hobby Lobby decision is bad for people of faith | Ramblin' with Roger
  22. redgladiola
    Jul 10, 2014 @ 16:35:41

I learned recently about hysteria and it’s sad how people still think they know better than women about their own reproductive rights.

23. Leeds Roofer
    Jul 21, 2014 @ 19:03:27

For anyone who has ever faced the need to repair or replace
    this building covering, the decisions that must be made to
    ensure the security and safety of the building
    can be overwhelming. Maybe this will be the greatest advantage of setting up a solar ventilation program.

Sarno says that while prices will go up, there will not be a short supply of materials, especially asphalt shingles
    which are always readily available.

24. http://Intensedebate.com/people/maziecleland
    Jul 23, 2014 @ 18:17:47

The best part is that it gets abc expensive every year
    as you get older, and the strict exercise regime has gone
    out the window each year. He was unharmed in the accident as well as, you won’t ought to pay out.
    Cost effective plans: they offer you complete assistance and guide you through every step of reporting and settling
    your claim, and repairing the damage. That is, there
    are several other renowned names in the marketplace.
    If you have another type of insurance incorporates property insurance, abc not the car.

25. Kiera
    Jul 26, 2014 @ 23:18:12

I go to see every day a few web pages and blogs to read articles or reviews, except this webpage
    provides quality based writing.

26. disney pixar cars games
    Jul 28, 2014 @ 05:58:31

com is the First Cheap Used cars Portal in USA with Interactive used cars service.
    When in the Red your driver is feeling the need to be more aggressive, take turns more closely and shave every second he can to get
    further ahead, which uses more energy to control the car.
    The car dealers generally allow you to take a test drive.

27. ei �7012 ip54 150h
    Jul 28, 2014 @ 14:33:14

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is needed to
    get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I’m not very web savvy so I’m not 100% positive. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

28. natural penis male
    Jul 29, 2014 @ 21:20:22

I got this web site from my pal who informed me on the
    topic of this website and now this time I am visiting this web site and reading very informative articles at this place.

29. http://www.bestipadtips.com/
    Jul 30, 2014 @ 07:12:39

My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different web
    address and thought I might as well check things out.
    I like what I see so now i am following you.
    Look forward to going over your web page repeatedly.